Category Archives: WordPress Theme Customization
I love it when I get to work with projects customizing WordPress premium themes and helping clients establish their business’ or brand’s online presence. It hones my skills in WordPress which I first learned with my internship with Sir Jay Pasana. Here is one of my previous project with a client for a cafe website. My tasks were the following:
- WordPress installation – For this project, I had to install it using Filezilla (FTP) since the client’s service provider does not use cPanel.
- WordPress Theme Customization – I customized a WordPress theme which is called LemonChili. It is a premium and responsive WordPress theme which has special features for restaurants, cafes, bars, clubs and events.
- Install plugins – Initially, I added just the basic plugins that are needed for a website to function well. There were several server issues and challenges but was able to resolve it through the WordPress Forums. A lot of them are very helpful
- Upload contents – mostly personal photos provided by the client
- Edit images using Photoshop and resizing it- I edited the background image for an unwanted element as well as resizing photos which are blurry.
Here is a screenshot of the finished cafe website:
Messages from my client, Lee O.
Help me Jaysarie! I give up! I have no idea how to use WordPress, which is why I have you thankfully. 🙂
Thank you Jaysarie. That is great. I am so out of my depth with WordPress! I guess I expected that it would look just like the LemonChili example and I just had to “remove” pages rather than add them. The back-end just looks a bit confusing to a 1st-time like me and I know I will waste a lot of time on it.
Having another full time job and doing the café website in my spare time, means it probably won’t get done for a long time!
Thanks you so much!